Summer is the time for watermelon and margaritas so why not combine them for the ultimate tipsy summer treat! These Watermelon Margarita Poptails are perfect at the end of a backyard BBQ or even just as an afternoon treat to cool you off in the middle of this hot hot summer.
Grab a watermelon and a blender and you’re set!
5 cups ~ seedless watermelon (about 1/2 large watermelon)
3/4 cup ~ freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 cup ~ sugar
1/2 cup ~ tequila
~ 4 limes
~ margarita/coarse salt or sugar
~ 10 5oz Dixie cups
~ 10 short popsicle sticks
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Strain ingredients through a mesh sieve to remove watermelon pulp. You’ll be left with about 5 cups of watermelon mixture
- Cut thick lime slices and insert popsicle stick through the center of each lime slice
- Poor watermelon mixture into Dixie cups and top with lime popsicle sticks
- Freeze for 2 hours minimum, recommended overnight
- Sprinkle with margarita salt or sugar
For a kid-friendly version, skip the tequila and opt for the sugar sprinkles! Either way you’ll love them and wonder why you were eating watermelon and margaritas separately this whole time!
We served our poptails on our Rose Pink Platter and they were gone in an instant!
Recipe from Brit+Co