It seriously doesn’t get any easier than this! These treats are healthy, delicious, and dipped in chocolate! What more could you ask for? We used some of our favorite fruits that we often top a banana split with but even sans the ice cream it’s still satisfyingly sweet.
3 ~ bananas
1/4 lb ~ cored pineapple
6 ~ strawberries
1 cup - dark chocolate (or milk/white)
1/4 cup ~ chopped nuts
12 popsicle sticks/skewers
- cut strawberries in half, and cut pineapples and bananas in similar sizes
- place on sticks: pineapple, then banana, and finish with strawberry
- place in freezer for at least 10min
- line a tray with wax or parchment paper
- prepare chopped nuts for dipping
- melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth
- dip cold fruit sticks in chocolate and then into nuts
- place on wax lined tray and chill until time to serve
This is a perfect end to a backyard BBQ that’s fresh and healthy. It will attract adults and children alike! But feel free to finish it off with a bowl of vanilla ice cream to complete the banana split name! This treat is perfect ANY time of the year but we love them for cooling off in the summer.
We served our Banana Split Bites on our Bear Dessert Plate and we think he’s ready to eat them as much as we are!
Recipe from Our Family