Summer flowers and bees buzzing in the air will come to your mind when making this recipe. This cookie recipe is an excuse to fill your home with the beautiful scent of flowers! Perfect for adding color and life into your home and onto your cookies! Honey and lavender is a perfect combination for fragrance and taste in a perfectly homemade cookie.
2/3 cup ~ melted butter
1 cup ~ white sugar
1/4 cup ~ honey
1 tsp. ~ vanilla extract
2 cups ~ flour
2 tsp. ~ baking soda
1/2 tsp. ~ salt
coarse grained sugar
2 Tbsp. ~ lavender buds, fresh or dried
(makes 36 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C (165°C for convection ovens)
- Beat the melted butter, honey, and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well incorporated then fold in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- The dough will be very soft so refrigerate for at least thirty minutes and until it has firmed up.
- Take 1-2 Tbsp sized pieces of dough and shape it into balls. Flatten them with the palm of your hand and then roll in the coarse grained sugar, coating the whole cookie. Sprinkle the tops with lavender buds and gently press them into the cookie.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and light brown in color. They’ll still be soft when you take them out so let them cool to room temperature before eating.
We think experimenting with other edible flowers would add some great color and flavors to this recipe as well.
We served our cookies on appropriately themed Beehive Napkins. Bees will be just as attracted to these cookies as you are!
Recipe from Lovely Greens